Monday, December 19, 2011

Have you Seen this Stuff?



I visited a friend this week and she had some of this stuff called Deco Poly Mesh with Foil. It comes on a roll and it is very light and airy. It is kind of stiff and is great for decorating. My friend had used some with greenery to make a fabulous table runner for her dining table. She also used some with ornaments to decorate a table in her entry. I went to Stein's Garden Center and they had several different colors and widths. They had this mesh on a number of displays including as a ribbon on a ginormous wrapped package. They wrapped the mesh with lights to make swags. They used two different colors shaped to make a giant candy cane.


I bought lime green in a 10" width and used it on the mantle as a backdrop for all the stuff I have there.
Don't laugh at my meager decorating skills, but take in how fabulous this stuff looks and how it makes instant wow factor wherever you put it.

3 comments:

  1. How very neat! I've never seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a nice touch. Now if only I had a mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Kris my daughter and I were at Michaels yesterday, and they had gold, silver and maybe some green. I picked it up and said, "this is neat, but what would I do with it?" Now that you've give me a lot of great ideas, I may have to get back there and get a couple of rolls. Their Christmas was all on clearance.....I'll add that to my list of things to do. I love your mantel. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete