Monday, February 17, 2014

Designing Monday

Our guild had a Chinese auction in Nov. 2012 and I won a little brown lunch bag full of Thangles Buck a Block patterns with fabric.  There were 20 blocks total.  I made the blocks soon after and put them away until I decided what to do with them.  It took a year, but I finally decided to make two quilts and donate them to the guild's soldier quilt program.  I had to make 4 more blocks and at the end of quilt camp, I started to sash them but ran out of time.

This week I got one of the two quilts sashed and now have it all put away again.  I have other fish to fry, so they will sit for awhile until I can get back to them.

I also got my Valentine quilt quilted and bound in time for the holiday.  Yea!

Hop on over to Judy's blog  to see more beautiful designs.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Designing Monday

I had lots of fun at Quilt Camp over the weekend.  They fed us too well and there was lots of time for yakking and sewing and there is even a quilt shop about a mile down the road.  It is next door to a really nice shop with tons of Vera Bradley bags.  So lots of shopping time too.  The hotel we stay in is  so happy to have us since it is their off season.  Here are my projects I worked on:

 Borders completed.
 Closeup of borders.  Such cute fabric.
I pre-cut most of this and sewed like crazy trying to finish it on Friday.  Unfortunately there was quite a bit of rework in the sewing - partly my fault and partly the pattern, so it ate up most of Saturday, too.  This is a freebie at Temecula Quilt Co.'s blogsite if you are interested.  It is a valentine quilt.  Beware that the borders do not fit according to their instructions.  I believe they gave an incorrect dimension for the red inner border.

I also worked on 2 other projects but didn't make much progress there.

Hop over to Judy's blog to see some other beautiful designs.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Off to Quilt Camp

See you next week!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Designing Monday

I  made 4 Thangles blocks this week.  I won enough fabric and patterns for 20 blocks at the end of 2012 in a Chinese auction at a guild meeting.  I made those 20 blocks right away.  Finally have decided to put them together and donate the quilt tops and backing to the guild for soldier quilts.  To get the right dimensions, I needed 4 more blocks.  There were plenty of leftovers from the original 20, so I used that fabric up and now I have enough.  I bought sashing and border fabric on sale at the end of December.  This upcoming weekend I am going to quilt camp so I can piece this all together while I am there.

January seems like a blur.  I spent 2 weeks in Boise helping a friend who recently had a knee replacement.  As soon as I got home I came home with a cold.  Darn that airplane air!  The lady across from me on my last flight home was a coughing mess, so no doubt I was trapped in a germ farm.  It has been so terribly cold here that I have tried to stay home for the last 2 weeks and get well.  Glad to report I am almost there.

I am linking to Judy's blog today.