Monday, March 17, 2014

Designing Monday - Threads of Memory Part 1

I have decided to take on Barbara Brackman's latest Civil War quilt.  It is a BOM, so I should be able to keep up. LOL!  Here is my first block.




Portsmouth Star

My task this week is to add more quilting to my Idiom quilt for the upcoming quilt show.  I sort of short cut the quilting part so I could get it bound and entered in the judging last week.  So now I need to give it some pizzazz.  Hopefully that won't distort  the quilt or I will have to take the binding off and do it again.  That doesn't sound like much fun.

Have a great week.  Hop on over to Judy's blog  to see some more beautiful designs.

3 comments:

  1. what a great block. Love the cheddar fabric. What size are the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've followed Barbara B's quilt-alongs but have yet to make a single block....your colorway is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the first block, but I am falling behind on so many things I have been debating whether or not to keep going. I wish you better luck than I am having! : )

    ReplyDelete