Monday, November 23, 2015

Designing Monday

I finished another little table topper.  I used the polka dot fabric to make the binding and I really love this little piece. This fabric is called Santa Express and it came from 44th Street Fabric.


The binding on the left made a neat wavy design.  On the right it looks like polka dots.  If I were a really great quilter, I would have figured this out at the beginning or I would now take it all apart and make it all look wavy, but I have no idea how it happened, and I am not doing it over.  So I am content being me.

Hop over to Judy's blog to see more beautiful designs.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha -- you are overthinking the binding! If you were THAT "great of a quilter," you would never get anything DONE because you would be constantly ripping everything apart that wasn't perfect!! I think it looks fantastic. I love your table topper. My grandmother had some similar ones for Christmas that were made with Dresden plates, only her Dresden plates were made to look like poinsettias somehow. Wish I could remember them more clearly so I could make some of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty results! I never plan the position of designs on my binding, either, but sometimes when it is finished, I wish I had. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love everything about this one. Those are great fabrics, and I love to make the Dresden Plate block. Mine is on my table without the binding stitched down. Im thinking if there is food and presents, no one will notice. Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete