Monday, June 19, 2017

It's a Wild and Wooly Monday

I have made one of the patterns that I wrote about in my last blog post.  That was a month ago.  Where has time gone?  Anyway, it is a pattern from Buttermilk Basin.  The design is very cute, but the pattern was a little sketchy.  Glad to be done with it and have it sitting on display in my family room.  Using it as a table mat.


I used cotton batting for the sheep's body.  Nice and fuzzy.  
 I used fleece for the head and feet.
 I traced a shape of a star onto freezer paper to make a template for quilting.
 Then I sewed around it versus tracing.  I peeled it off and then used it again under the tree.
 I think I forgot to give my sheep an eye.  Oh, well.  She looks pretty good to me.

I am linking up to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kris,
    Your wild and woolly sheep is very cute. I love your fabric choices. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sheep with the flag table mat is adorable! Great idea to use batting for the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very good to me. Seems to me that prim sheep often don't have eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. Creative quilting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little lamb. I like the curly quilting on him. The batting is a great idea. Thanks for linking to Design Wall Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buttermilk Basin uses sheep in quite a few of their designs and I like them. Good finish.

    ReplyDelete