Monday, October 11, 2010

Goats & more



No trip to Door County is complete without a stop at Al Johnson's. It's a scandinavian restaurant with a grass roof and goats that keep it neatly mowed. They serve lignonberries as a side dish. What a treat! I have no idea what those guys are doing on the roof. They look pretty official with their clipboards. Maybe they are on goat patrol.

Saturday I took a machine quilting class called Beyond Stippling. What a humbling experience. I always think it looks so easy until I try it. I have a Bernina with a stitch regulator so my stitches usually are even, but I just can't seem to make transitions well, so my squared off corners are kind of rounded and my straight lines are kind of shaky. I know the secret is practice, so I will have to make time everyday for awhile to get it right. The poor lady next to me did not get a supply list before class, so came unprepared. She missed the first practice session while rounding up fabric. Then her machine broke 3 needles and she had some problem with her bobbin. She changed threads on top and in the bobbin several times to no avail. When we came back from lunch, she had packed up and gone home. I can't say I blame her. I probably would have done the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment