I have only made a little progress on my Jillily designed table quilt. I have finished appliquéing all the vines and now am starting on the leaves. The leaves have a base that looks like a leaf and then two pieces that sit on top to give it more dimension. I will have to see how well this goes by hand and then decide whether to continue, possibly fuse, or just go with a single piece and forget the top pieces. Stay tuned.
This is a close up of the border fabric. The original quilt that was featured in AP&Q magazine had a very simple floral that was sort of country-ish. I could not find anything like it, of course, so this was the only fabric I could find with the right colors that still had the floral effect. It is much more formal looking and has gold paint added. It is really a beautiful fabric and I am happy with the result.
Stop over at Judy's blog to see some other Monday designs.
I am headed out to Paducah tomorrow for the big show. Can't wait.