Monday, October 14, 2013

Designing Monday

I guess it is a good thing that Judy holds these Monday get togethers or I would probably forget to blog at all.  I am working on fall leaves for the Small Quilt group on Sentimental Quilter's blog.  Kathy provided the free pattern on her blog if you are interested.  I am making a 12" square as a gift and a long wall hanging with 3 leaves for myself.  I should have these done in a day or two.



I have also been making necklaces for Halloween.  Here are the supplies - a frame with 2 pieces of glass and a chain - both from Hobby Lobby.


Then I downloaded some Halloween art and resized it to fit my frame. I printed out several options and then cut out two that I liked.


The frame opens from the side so you can slip in two printed papers and the two pieces of glass and then close it up.  Easy Peasy!  I am making several for friends, too.


Stop by Judy's blog to see what other quilters have been up to.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris...Such a pretty leaf block and the fabrics are perfect for this time of year. And what a neat gift the necklaces are. I have not seen these frames and I'm all for 'Easy Peasy'.

    How fun to find Design Wall Monday and visit your post. Yes, I'm a newbie to this party, but not to the art and world of Quilting. I owned a 'Brick and Mortar' quilt shop from 1996 through 2005, and now I've joined the online Quilt World with A Quilt Store and More ETSY Shop. My 'Niche' in the ever growing and competitive online fabric shopping world is my 'Inventory and Stash' from the years of buying and selling quality quilt fabrics from top designers and manufacturers. I'd love for you to visit me at CollectInTexas BlogShop which is linked to my ETSY Shop and see what is on my Design Wall today. Just click on the signature link below...hope to see you there.

    Sue CollectInTexas BlogShop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright fall leaves! After all that's what fall is all about... brilliant colors!
    Cute necklaces... great gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete