Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Quilt Top Finish

I have the borders on the Friends and Companions Sew A Long quilt that I constructed over the summer.  Congratulations to all of you who have also worked on this quilt.  Having the blocks revealed once a week was just the right pace for me and if I got behind a week it was easy to catch up.  I did find it a challenge to get all the alternating blocks done in quick order, but still there was enough time to catch up.  My biggest challenge was to get to the quilt shop and buy fabric for the borders and triangles.  Most sane people would buy all their fabrics at once, but I tend to buy what I need for the next step and then come back and purchase the next step.  Fortunately I am flexible and my favorite quilt shop has a great inventory of Civil War fabrics so I am seldom without options.

Here is the big reveal.

 Finalizing Layout of the Blocks
 Center Sewn Together
 Borders On!!!!!
Cute Border Fabric!!

Thanks for sharing this process with me and offering your words of advice and encouragement.  It always helps me get to the finish line a little faster.

I am linking to Judy's blog today.

4 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, Kris! Good choices for the borders. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed seeing these quilts come together on Kathy from Canada's Blog. I pick and choose my fabrics as I go too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my top all completed on Monday - have no idea when the quilting will be done. Such a fun project, huh?

    ReplyDelete