Monday, October 20, 2014

Designing Monday

Goodness!  October is flying by like all the other months.  It is so chilly here.  We have had frost and we still have plants out, so it is time to get busy.

Quilting has taken a back seat to trimming bushes and all that other yard stuff that has to be done this time of year.  I made a trip to the quilt store last week and found fabric for the filler blocks for the Companions and Friends Sew A Long.  So this week I made those blocks and cut the setting triangles so here you can have a look.


I ran out of room on my design wall and every time I tried to put the triangles on the right side they fell off, but hopefully you get the idea.  I put all this up last night in my dark sewing room and didn't get a good look at it until I saw this photo.  I definitely need to move that orange swastika out of the middle.  Yikes!  There are two borders to add and I only have fabric for one, so that might dictate another trip to the quilt shop.  Darn!  

Have a great week and don't forget to stop over at Judy's blog to see more beautiful designs.


9 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt this is going to be. Such fun blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I am working on my alternate blocks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! And I agree, move the Flyfoot (swastika) block to a less prominent position. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turning out very nice. I love the alternate chain blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very dynamic setting, very eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My quilt is at about the same point that yours is - and now I'm headed out of town so won't get back to it for a week or two - but I sure do like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good Kris! I am still undecided about the setting triangles and borders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear, the older I get, the faster time flies!! Your setting blocks are perfect for this quilt!!! :)

    ReplyDelete