Monday, March 16, 2015

Designing Monday

It has been so long since I have blogged that I have almost forgotten how.  Not much has changed on my design wall.  I am hoping to have this top completely sewn together in the next couple of weeks.  I know some people who really hate to apply their bindings and others who fall down when it comes to the quilting.  This is the point in my work when I am challenged the most, I think.  I really hate sewing these really long seams and getting all the blocks to line up and not have wavy borders.  Something always comes back to bite me at this point.   So I tend to drag my feet.  But it will get done!!!!!!

I am currently making some banners for Good Friday and Easter.  I am layering different shades of purple that are different widths and lengths.  Another person is making a 6" wide strip of white with lettering that will go down the middle.  This will really be beautiful.  I am making two of these.

I have been vacationing in the South trying to get warm.  We were gone 2 1/2 weeks and unfortunately the cold weather followed us down.  We were there when the South was blanketed with snow.  We did enjoy seeing lots of beautiful places and visiting friends and family.  I also got to visit Quilting by the Bay in Panama City.  It was definitely worth the stop as they have so many gorgeous batiks.  Not so much in the way of Civil War Reproductions.

Here's hoping you have a designing day.  Stop by Judy's blog  to see more beautiful designs.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty stars. I know what you mean about places in the quilt process where we can get stuck. For me its adding plain borders....too boring! I love piecing and can piece blocks all day long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful blocks--love the color scheme, too!
    I tend to stall at every step! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very warm and lovely blocks! I tend to stall at the quilting--and usually make my binding while I stall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of those stars look like they would be difficult to piece. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete