Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A Day of Quilts

Last week was Quilt Expo in Madison, WI.  This is a fund raiser for Wisconsin Public Television and Nancy Zieman is the main sponsor along with many sewing and quilting related businesses.  It is a pretty good show although the number of really fabulous quilts that one would see at an AQS or Houston type show is limited.  This year however, there was a special exhibit of quilts by Marilyn Badger and Claudia Meyers.  Since these two are typically award winners at every show they enter, it was a treat to see so many gorgeous complex quilts in one place.  Both ladies were there to discuss their work with viewers.

I only took one photo as it was so crowded.  I intended to go back at the end of the day when the crowd had thinned out and take more, but I was just too pooped.  Here is my one photo.


Isn't this adorable?  I cut off the borders, but you can see the top one is a black and white print that is scalloped.  The sides are also scalloped in pink and white stripe like the awning.  So cute!!!

I bought one pattern and some little snowflake buttons.  The pattern is Halloween themed and here is my start.  Maybe by next week I will have it done.  My plan is to make 3 total.


 Here is my group of friends.  We had such a fun day laughing and shopping.  I am blessed to have them in my life.

I am linking up to Judy's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment