Monday, October 24, 2016

A Fun Class

I had the chance to take a fun class last week through our guild.  The teacher was Gail Garber.  I didn't know who she was, but I have seen her work and was glad I got the chance to meet her and learn some new skills.  The quilt I recognized immediately has been used in Bernina print ads for the last several years.  Here is a link if you are interested.  I am sure you will recognize it too.  You can see her other work at the link too.

Anyway, we learned how to do curved paper piecing and join it to other curved pieces.  We started by making this tree.


Then we spent the afternoon learning to draft other curved pieces using a flexible curve.  Here is a sampler quilt that Gail made that shows lots of possibilities.


We purchased a pattern for the class and since then I have made two more parts.  One is a strip of flying geese and the second a house.  Maybe by next week I will have it all put together.








This was definitely a class I enjoyed and I hope I can take these skills forward and make my own creation using some curved piecing.

My other sewing the last couple of weeks was making 3 more pillowcases for the children's center near our church.



I love these little dogs in the snow in their sweaters!

Hop over to Judy's blog to see more works in progress.

3 comments:

  1. It's always exciting to learn from pros! What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with what you have made from your class. Looks tricky!
    Good job on the cute pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I just love your curved paper piecing. Paper piecing opens up a whole new world.

    ReplyDelete