Monday, December 26, 2016

Fun Sewing

My Christmas rush ended a week ago when our son came to visit.  We had all of our shopping and wrapping done by then so we could celebrate early with him.  His fiancee had a last minute work problem that kept her home, so we didn't get a chance to see her, but we are travelling to see them tomorrow so all is well.

Since the rush was over a week ago, we relaxed and enjoyed a really fun week.  We went to the movies - TWICE!  That never happens.  We attended some group gatherings with friends and a retirement party for a former co-worker which meant I got to see lots of people that I hadn't seen in years.  We went to the early service on Christmas Eve which is planned to be children inclusive and it was so sweet.  I got to see lots of visiting grandchildren and families.  The church glowed with soft lights and candles and the message was perfect like God's love.

I also got to sew this week with out feeling rushed.  I finished the top for the Florida quilt I started in May.

I wish you could see how cute this border fabric is in person.  It photographs as tan, but it is really a buttery yellow background.

Love the color bar in the selvage, too.

I also made a single block for a quilt from Kathleen Tracy's Civil War Quilt book.  I love her color sense.

I received this beautiful punch needle piece from my friend, Barb.  She is the queen of punch needle  We always tease her because the backs of her pieces are as perfect as the front.  She quilts this way too.  No ravellings or hanging threads for Barb!  LOL!



A church friend gave me this little piece.  It is so cute and it glows in the dark!!


 The message is so true!!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday adventures.  I'm linking to Judy's blog today.






1 comment:

  1. What a nice way to spend the days leading up to Christmas. What movies did you see? The Florida quilt is a great souvenir. I admire punch needle but I've never tried it . . . and the slogan is so true!

    ReplyDelete