Saturday, April 7, 2018

More to Share

I always take a lot of photos when I attend a big quilt show.  I am always looking for ideas, although honestly I will likely never make a quilt like the ones I see.  They are so lovely to look at, but I don't have the talent or patience or need for such an elaborate quilt.  That makes going to the shows all the more enjoyable -- kind of like going to an art museum.

Here are more of the wonderful works I saw in Daytona.

 I believe this won Best of Show.

 Edge detail.  Loads of beading on the entire quilt.
 The beading was done like cutwork.  The black behind the beads is the curtain fabric, not the quilt.

 Lots of machine embroidery, too.


 I love Dresdens.  I might try to make something like this.

The background is covered with gold polka dots.  The top half are spaced far apart.  Closer to the bottom they are nearly on top of each other.  I believe they are all hand painted. 





I love every one of Janet Stone's ABC quilts.

Caryl Bryer Fallert has an unmistakable style.




 So many tiny hexies.

 A second quilt by the same quilter.  Lots of detailed drawing by machine.


Still a few more to come.



1 comment:

  1. Some incredible quilts here! I will never make anything like them, either, but it is fun to see how clever and talented people are.

    ReplyDelete