Saturday, February 5, 2011

More Than You Ever Wanted to Know About Me

LuAnn nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award a few weeks ago. As a recipient, I need to tell 8 things about myself that others may not know. It has taken me this long to come up with something worthwhile to tell, as I am not very interesting. But, as I remember from a really great TV show that was on a few years ago -- Everyone has a story. You just have to dig deep enough to find it.

So here goes:

1. I love okra. It is my all time favorite vegetable. I esp. love it fried, but any other way of cooking it works, too. The bad news is that it doesn't grow well in our cold climate. The good news is that our local groceries started carrying it in the frozen food dept. about 10 years ago. Yea!!

2. I am an archivist at my church. I am mostly the copy and file clerk, but I love learning all about the history of the church and many of the people who have gone before and made our church the neat place that it is. FYI, our church is the oldest protestant congregation in the state of Wisconsin. How cool is that!

3. I am a fainter. I must be like one of those fainting goats. My worst experience was fainting in a mall while Christmas shopping. Everyone panicked and the paramedics were called. I was hauled off to the nearest hospital and had to have a couple of stitches in the back of my head. My funniest experience was fainting in bed. One minute I was alert and talking, the next I was out like a light.

4. I make great margaritas. My sister-in-law gave me her most awesome recipe and everyone loves it.

5. I go to the Y everyday at 8 am. I used to only go to there to walk in the winter, but after having knee surgery 2 1/2 years ago, now I go everyday like clockwork. It helps keep my knee and all the rest of me limber. Plus I talk to just about everybody there and it helps pass the time.

6. If I had a superpower it would be to understand every language. That way I could eavesdrop on conversations and be an invaluable resource in solving world problems and ordering food in foreign restaurants. I just tried to learn a little Mandarin on the MangoLanguage website. After the first lesson, all I could remember is how to say hi - which is "hey" by the way. I definitely need that superpower boost.

7. I love detective and mystery shows on TV. My latest favorite is The Closer and I like Monk
and all of the Law and Order Series.

8. I know how toilet paper is made. That is what I did in my work life before I retired to stay home with my kids. This is a wonderful conversation starter as we used to get some incredible consumer comments!

TaDa! This is the real me. Hope you enjoyed getting to know all my deepest darkest inner secrets.

1 comment:

  1. It's great getting to know more about you. Like you I really need to get back into going to the gym to keep my knee limber. And, would you be willing to share that margarita recipe?????

    ReplyDelete