Monday, February 10, 2014

Designing Monday

I had lots of fun at Quilt Camp over the weekend.  They fed us too well and there was lots of time for yakking and sewing and there is even a quilt shop about a mile down the road.  It is next door to a really nice shop with tons of Vera Bradley bags.  So lots of shopping time too.  The hotel we stay in is  so happy to have us since it is their off season.  Here are my projects I worked on:



 Borders completed.
 Closeup of borders.  Such cute fabric.
I pre-cut most of this and sewed like crazy trying to finish it on Friday.  Unfortunately there was quite a bit of rework in the sewing - partly my fault and partly the pattern, so it ate up most of Saturday, too.  This is a freebie at Temecula Quilt Co.'s blogsite if you are interested.  It is a valentine quilt.  Beware that the borders do not fit according to their instructions.  I believe they gave an incorrect dimension for the red inner border.

I also worked on 2 other projects but didn't make much progress there.

Hop over to Judy's blog to see some other beautiful designs.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the second pattern a lot. Thanks for the tips about the pattern. I stopped by via DWM and am happy to find your pretty quits ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your valentine quilt is so cute! Your top quilt is so soft and soothing. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of those little quilts. Very sweet. I wanted to do a smaller version of the Temecula quilt, but finally had to let it go. I did copy the pattern, however, and will make a note about the border. Thanks for the heads-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun quilts. I love the setting for the heart quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't find that the border worked out either. I ended up using 5 of the heart blocks and using SASHING and cornerstones, made a tinier quilt. I used the other 4 and made a tablerunner-used the hearts and bordered it as best I could.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these quilts are so cute! Love that birdhouse border fabric, too! And your Valentine quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute quilts... the first one looks like Spring!
    Good to know about the wrong measurements on the Temecula heart quilt... I've been admiring it for awhile, and will make note of the error!
    So glad you had fun at Quilt Camp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quilt camp looks like loads of fun! Love the projects.

    ReplyDelete