Monday, December 8, 2014

Designing Monday

Who has time to sew when it's Christmas time?  I quilted and bound the Cascadia quilt from Lori's Humble Quilts mystery.  That was all I could manage.  Too many cookies to make and lots of decorating going on.


I love the blog, Between Naps on the Porch.  The author has wonderful decorating ideas and shares tutorials and tons of photos.  If you love looking at magazines or creating a pretty table for the holidays, you should definitely take a few minutes to look around her blog.  So now I am making a fancy garland loaded with ornaments based on her tutorial here.

The Dollar Tree is my new best friend.  I have had this bare garland for years and lots of strings of lights with no use in the basement, so I brought them out and did a quick scouting trip to Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby and came home ready to work.



 I worked on it Saturday night and got half way through before running out of some of the ornaments, so I made another trip to $$ Tree yesterday to load up again.  So far I spent about $15.00 on ornaments.  My goal is no more then $20.  Hobby Lobby had a similar finished garland that was not half so nice for $140 (currently half off at $70).  This is my project for tonite.



 Hop over to Judy's blog to see more beautiful designs.

3 comments:

  1. Love Cascadia! Really wish I'd had time to make it. Yours is beautiful!
    That is a lot of work on that garland, but looks like it will be very pretty. Hope you will show us the finished product when it is in place and all lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is great - it's on my list to make one since I have tons of squares already cut and waiting to be used. Your garland is lovely - a great TV watching project.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding your Cascadia link and sewing along.! I love it! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete