Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Designing Monday on Tuesday

Seems I am in short supply on either time or energy right now.  I'm working on our church's photo directory.  I am coordinating all the volunteers, doing all the scheduling, and doing all the phone calling.  It is a lot of work.  Hopefully the end product will make it all worth it.

I have been making a little forest.  If you are a Bonnie Hunter fan, you will recognize her Crabapples quilt blocks.  There are whole lot of 1 1/2" squares in this quilt.  I am spending a lot of time doing rework as I am finding if I didn't sew perfectly or cut or press or trim perfectly, the blocks aren't coming out right.  So this is whole lot fussier than I had imagined it would be.  But I still love the overall look and I can't wait to see my little forest grow.


Here's the link to Judy's design wall.

4 comments:

  1. I made this quilt in the beginning of the year and loved it, too. Your forest is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun design. Mine still needs to be quilted and seeing yours in progress makes me remember how much I wanted to have this on my bed by Fall. I can see that isn't going to happen now. : (
    Your blocks are looking great and I will enjoy watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrappy trees. I'm sure they take a long time with all of the squares, but the end result will be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your little crabapples. so adorable!

    ReplyDelete