Saturday, September 11, 2010

Wonderful Quilts









The Quilt Expo held in Madison, WI was really a treat. This was my first time to attend and I had a great time. I always have a great time with my friends and we laughed throughout the day. We managed to make it to Madison in good time although we did take a few wrong turns even with 3 GPS units on the job. The facility was a good size and not too crowded. The quilts were very nice with a good balance of WOW factor and " I could make that!" quilts. I sometimes get intimidated when the skill level is so high above me, but it is always nice to see examples of something that I could truly accomplish without a tremendous amount of sewing skill or creative genius.

I have no idea how to imbed photos so you can just enjoy looking thru them. I did not write down the names of the quilters, but did manage to capture some of them in the photos. Aren't they beautiful? Most of them are ribbon winners. I love applique so I took lots of photos of those. The quilt with the eagles has something to do with a Fire Academy and the eagles appear to be landing on or touching fire with their outstretched talons. I took a close up of the border of the quilt with stars so you can see the hand embroidered flowers and vines - just lovely. The last quilt was very funny and features a play on words for various uses of the word tie. Hope you can zoom in and see them.

More photos next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment