Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's the Big One, Elizabeth

Remember Sanford & Son?  Whenever Sanford didn't want to deal with something, he always faked a heart attack and yelled, "It's the Big One, Elizabeth."  Well, yesterday was the Big One for me.

No, I didn't have a heart attack or even heart burn.  It was my birthday and I turned the Big One.  It starts with a 6 and ends with an 0.   Fortunately my friends and family made it pretty painless.  My daughter sent beautiful flowers ....

My husband gave me a gift card for a spa. OohLaLa!


My friends rallied with fabulous fun.  Lunch out, and bags of goodies...

I even had a fun Skype visit from my great niece and nephew who are starting their first day of kindergarten today.


Tomorrow is Quilt Expo in Madison.  This is Nancy Ziemann's production and it is always fun to spend the day with friends  oohing and aahing over the gorgeous quilts.  I will try to take lots of pictures and share them here.  My camera battery is charged and ready for action!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a good "Big One", Kris. Friends and loved ones are such a blessing.
    Enjoy the show and I will look forward to seeing it through your camera lens. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on achieving another Big One.
    So far every landmark birthday that I've experienced has opened the door to wonderful new things. You'd think I'd learn not to dread them--but since they happen only every 10-15 years, I guess I haven't quite learned that lesson.
    Best wishes for your next steps.

    ReplyDelete