Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Small Quilt

I enjoy the quilt challenges that Kathleen Tracy provides each month on her blog,The Sentimental Quilter.  I pick and choose which ones I want to do and enjoy having lots of little quilts in my home.  I  finished piecing the February quilt just in time for the end of the month. I used the leftovers from the Buck A Blocks I just did to make the HST"s.   It will get in the queue for quilting with my other little treasures.  I made this one in the same colors that Kathleen made hers.  I really like the blue and green combo.  I probably would not have gone for this choice otherwise and I really like it.  What do ya think?


We had 4-5" of snow Tuesday night and Wed. am.  An hour from here they had 17".  That is huge.  How can we be so close and have such a difference?  This always boggles my mind.


We are staying in and keeping warm today after a trip to the Y.  Gotta get busy quilting.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I've yet to do mine. I'm two in a row for not getting them finished. It's so hard with the new pup. But I really do like this one and even if its late, I'm gonna do it.

    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... especially the dark blue fabric you used for the background. It's a directional fabric and you have all the lines going the same way... I'm fussing like that too! I also like the green and blue hues that Kathleen used for hers, and wanted to match it as close as possible. Love doing mini's!!! We were suppose to get a dusting of snow and ended up with 9 inches because the storm changed directions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful little quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete