Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friday Night Out




Seems like yesterday was a quiet day for some reason. We went to a new restaurant that advertises Soul Food. The owners were really nice and friendly and glad to have the business. The best news is that they had fried okra. It was almost better than mine. Which is saying a lot. I love fried okra. They also had great barbequed ribs. The place is very small, but I hope they do well.

I have finished the 5th block of the Pine Burr quilt -- one a day is all we ask. The blocks are supposed to finish up at 17 inches. I am wondering now about how to square them up before sewing them together. My largest ruler is a 12 or 15 inch square. Any suggestions??

The Sue with the cello is my daughter. The pennant is for a friend who went to Purdue with me. The bottom one is for an aunt who loves lady bugs. That concludes the Sunbonnet Sue parade.




1 comment:

  1. I love the Sunbonnet Sue quilt. All of the personal touches make that quilt special. The Purdue flag is cute. My daughter is there now getting her masters.

    ReplyDelete