Monday, August 16, 2010

What are you reading?


I just finished a good book called The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova. The story is about an artist who ends up in a psychiatric hospital and refuses to speak after he tries to attack a painting in the National Gallery. His psychiatrist decides to find out why by delving into the artist's life. The story includes some great info on the art world and in particular the Impressionist period. This author also wrote the Historian which was interesting from a historical perspective, but dealt with vampires, not really my kind of book. Fortunately The Swan Thieves stayed away from the supernatural stuff.

What are you reading? I am always looking for new books for my book club. Anybody read books by Jennifer Weiner? I saw a book review in the paper yesterday about one of her books. I had not heard of her before.

I have been busy canning and freezing which is always fun. I love seeing our garden go into the jars and containers that we can use all winter. Plus I love applesauce. Can't make enough.

I have finished 10 blocks for my Pine Burr quilt. I should have them all done this week and then it is back to Dear Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment