Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's a Sad Day....

in the Emerald Woods. Our son left this morning for college. When his little red Chevy pulled out of the driveway, I could feel a big old lump in my throat. We quickly headed for the Y to get busy so I wouldn't have to think about it. He is starting his sophomore year the the University of Illinois in Nuclear Engineering. What a smartypants!

We will see him in two weeks so I am trying to not be sad. I've already scrubbed out the bathroom and stripped his bed and cleaned up his room. Wish I had that much energy everyday!


1 comment:

  1. I know those leaving for college days are tough. After our daughter (the youngest of our two) graduated she moved to Huntsville, AL, for a job - 7 1/2 hours from here. She was there 2 years and is now back here closer to Indianapolis going to Purdue!!!! But, I know that feeling when they leave for college, and I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete