Thursday, January 20, 2011

Changing of the Quilt


Since it is January, I put up my snowman quilt 3 weeks ago when the Christmas things were put away. I made this quilt from a pattern in a magazine 8 or 10 years ago. The white fabric is fused and then I did the button hole stitch around each snowman by hand. Never again. I used fusing that was very thick, probably the only thing available at that time, and I fused the whole piece rather than just the edges. It is so great to learn new techniques over time. I don;t do a lot of fusing since I prefer hand applique, but it is so much easier and delicate now.

1 comment:

  1. I think since all of us have started quilting the products have really improved, and people out there have come up with newer and better ways to do things. I still love those snowmen anyway. They sure are cute.

    ReplyDelete