Monday, September 2, 2013

Designing Monday

I have been working on these strip blocks for the Quilt of Valor challenge.



 This is one of my favorite blocks.



Sometimes I just have to sit and admire them because I enjoy the fabric.

My daughter and I had a great time at the Farmer's Market on Saturday hunting down some fabulous looking produce.  I found some yellow transparents and couldn't wait to get home and make applesauce.  I had just replaced the gasket on my pressure cooker and knew this was going to be quick and easy.  Is a project like this ever quick and easy?  The apples cooked up beautifully.  The bad news is I took the lid off the pressure cooker too soon before all the steam was released and the top blew off and apples went everywhere!!!!  My sweet daughter jumped in to help me clean up the mess so it only took us about an hour to clean from ceiling to floor.  What a mess.  I managed to burn myself in quite a few places too, so I won't forget this experience for a long time.  My advice is DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

Enjoy your holiday today and hop over to Judy's to see some beautiful designs.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful blocks. They will make a great QOV!

    Ouch! That is why I hesitate to use a pressure cooker. I know too many people who have had similar experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your QOV blocks. Sorry to hear about your pressure cooker mishap. I have a pot roast cooking in my electric one as I write this. It really makes some dishes easy to produce. Good lesson to learn about letting all the pressure release before removing the lid. Hope I never experience that!

    ReplyDelete