Monday, May 5, 2014

Designing Monday

We finally have sunshine in Wisconsin and some almost warm days.  A few of my hardy neighbors were even out mowing their lawns.

We got our daughter off to Japan this week for a 3 month contract teaching English.  She will be located in a  suburb of Tokyo.  Isn't all of Japan a suburb of Tokyo?  I look forward to learning more about the culture and country soon.

I did a little hand embroidery this week and finished a dishtowel.  My only quilting was finishing another block from Barbara Brackman's latest Civil War block of the month called Threads of Memory.  My friend, Barb and I are doing this one together.  So far all the blocks are stars, so I guess that is the theme.

 Canada Star for Lucie Blackburn

First 4 Blocks Completed

Hope you have a great week and be sure to hop on over to Judy's blog to see some lovely designs.

4 comments:

  1. Love your blocks, the grey and cheddar are such a wonderful combination. How exciting for your daughter to be spending 3 months in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, beautiful colors for your blocks. I actually started this BOM in those same colors, but after the second block was posted I could see I wasn't going to be able to keep up, so I gave my block away. Should have given it to you. It would have fit right in! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks. Great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lovin' these blocks... one of my favorite color combinations. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete