Monday, May 26, 2014

Designing Monday

My only sewing this week has been cutting blue squares to start a new project.  I have piles of blue fabric all over.  That's my SOP.  It kind of drives my husband crazy as he is very organized for the most part and I am only somewhat.  I have come to realize that this is my system and that's what works.  I found a pattern from the new Quilt Sampler that has blue and cheddar.  Always a great combo.  Hopefully I can get some traction this week and start sewing.

We have been doing lots of digging and planting this week.  We decided it was time to empty and move the compost bin so we can get all the good stuff from the bottom.  Down at the bottom I found these 3 lovelies.


Can you see the big, bold print?


These have been in my composter for at least 3-4 years.  What's funny is the slogan on the back.  It says "Louder because it's compostable."  I can remember being in the store and the clerk just cringing because the bags were so noisy.  You could hear the person stocking the shelves in the back of the store all the way up front.  Obviously they did not live up to their ads because these are nearly like new except for the dirt.  So into the trash they go.



Hop on over to Judy's blog  to see some beautiful quilt designs.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty blues for your new project.
    What cheats they are at that chip manufacturer; scoring with environmentally-caring customers by telling them lies. I hope there's someone from the advertising standards watchdog reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and cheddar is always a winning combination! Can't wait to see what you do with them.
    That is too funny about the bags. I remember how noisy those bags were. I don't see them in the store anymore, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting about the bag. We had a container that said it was compostable but it didn't do anything either.

    ReplyDelete