Saturday, September 6, 2014

Livin' Large

We had a great day at Quilt Expo on Thursday.  I went with 3 friends and the talk was non-stop for the whole day 7:30 am - 9:00 pm.  How can we have so much to say?  The best part was that it was my birthday.  What could be better than friends, a road trip and quilts to look at all day long?


This is not my car.  It was parked by the entrance to the quilt show.


Here is a sampling of some of the gorgeous work we saw.  I tend to love appliqué, so my photos are definitely slanted in that direction.  Enjoy.


 Days of Wine and Roses by Cathleen Miller
 Close up of quilting and embroidery around each grape
 Tulip Serenade by Barbara Clem
 Cotton Candy by Linda Bergmann
 Ladies of the Sea by Carolyn Stone
 Stars All Around by Jean Hensen

Infinite Variety Revisited by Gail H. Smith

 Date
 Initials

Harry Potter's Bookcase by Jennifer Rose

Stay tuned for more soon

1 comment:

  1. That car is a hoot! Made me giggle. : )
    Some wonderful inspiration here. Sounds like (and looks like) a great day! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete