Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy 4th of July


I love the 4th of July. We spent so many of these holidays picnicking with family. Lots of barbequed chicken and homemade ice cream. Even though those are memories now, I still enjoy sitting by the river and watching the fireworks. We anticipate this event all day long and can't wait to drag out the lawn chairs. Some years it is blessedly warm like today. Other years we are bundled up in warm coats. The majesty and wonder of the fireworks always fills me up with awe. It makes me appreciate the sacrifices of so many to make this such a great country.

I made a flag quilt from the Little Quilts book many years ago and gave it to my mom. It came to live in my house this year and I added a little sleeve in the back so I can hang it in my kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting and sharing your comments on my 4th of July blog post . . . I love that so many have shared their memories, too. Some good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these little quilts for the 4th.

    ReplyDelete